A new version of OVP for Silverlight is now available! It has been a while since we have published a new build but we have been working hard on a number of important enhancements & features. Here is a summary of the new features available:
- In addition to the existing OVP plugin model, OVP for Silverlight 2.3 now also supports the Silverlight Media Framework v2.0 plugin model
> IMediaPlugin (both live and adaptive), ILogWriterPlugin, IUIPlugin and IGenericPlugin
> Uses MEF to load SMF plugins
> Support for multiple SMF media plugins such as MediaElement, Smooth Streaming Media Element, etc. and ability to select appropriate media plugin based on type of media source
- Support for Smooth Streaming Media Element
> Provides playback of both Live and VOD smooth/adaptive streams
> Ability to start at live position or beginning of live stream
- Support for both Silverlight 4 (using Visual Studio 2010) and Silverlight 3 (using Visual Studio 2008)
- Player overlay logs are now implemented as a SMF plugin
- Ability to control different log levels via initParams
These new features and many other items & bug fixes are available as part of this new release.
Download the binaries and source here.
As always if you have questions, feedback, and comments, please use our forums to let us know!
- The OVP Team