The Open Video Player family of industry best practice video player projects continues to grow as we add our newest member, OVP for iOS Apps. This project provides Objective-C libraries to accelerate the development of video driven iOS applications for the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Here is a summary of the features of this first release:
- Modular design using iPhone/iPad statically linked libraries
- Architected for ease of use and integration simplicity
- Extends standard player framework (OVPMediaPlayerController library contains the class by the same name), featuring a unified API across iPhone SDKs (providing backward compatibility support for newer SDK features in older OS application builds) for features such as: multi-clip/queued media and UI overlay support
- Comes with a fully functional demo application, OVPPreview, which demonstrates the ease of integration with the OVP libraries
- The OVPPreview app features playlist layout of RSS/Atom feeds, UI overlays in iPhone SDK 3.0-3.1.x and 3.2/4.0, and comes with the hooks to support advanced Akamai services such as Akamai Media Analytics.
Download the binaries and source here.
As always if you have questions, feedback, and comments, please use our forums to let us know!
- The OVP Team