- Now supports Microsoft Silverlight in addition to HTML5 <video> tags and Adobe Flash, completely rounding out support for rich media strategy.
More Plugin support
- Now supports passing plugins to the underlying players, allowing you to customize your overall experience regardless of player technology used.
- Support for swapping in an alternate controls class through the plugin model.
by request, we continue to make improvements in the plugin model. Lots of changes are in the works here for the next release so let us know what you’d like to see.
RSS Feed handling improvements
- Fixed a number of cases where certain browser conditions could cause a sub-optimal experience.
Unit tests and development improvements
- Added unit testing framework based on jquery’s QUnit framework.
- Changed development environment to be modular instead of monolothic
- Automated code generation, combination and minification using GNU Make (just type “make” on any *nix, OS X, or Windows [cygwin] environment.)
As always, check out our live example page at: http://openvideoplayer.sourceforge.net/html5video/
Download the source and examples: here.
As always if you have questions, feedback, and comments, please use our forums to let us know!