A new version of OVP for Silverlight is now available! This release was much awaited for the smooth streaming plugin. Here is a summary of what’s new in this release:
- Releasing source of the smooth streaming plugin, which is based on SMF, that essentially wraps Microsoft’s SSME
- Providing a zipped version of the MSSmoothStreaminPlugin.xap plugin with instructions on how to download SSME and create the OVP plugin. Detailed notes are available in the ‘BuildingOVP.txt’ file.
- Configuration Tool
- Cleaned-up and updated the ‘index.html’ of the web project to allow selecting between different media plugins
- Added support for selecting between multiple audio tracks when available in a smooth stream’s manifest file
- Removed property of type ‘MediaElement’ from the OpenVideoPlayerControl class, since, ActiveMediaPlugin property replaces it
- Fixed issue with PlayReady streams, where after playback has ended, clicking on play button would not resume playback
- On playback stop, play button is now being shown on main video area to allow re-play of current media
Download the binaries and source here.
As always if you have questions, feedback, and comments, please use our forums to let us know!
- The OVP Team